License to Carry Class
The Ohio License to Carry is currently accepted in 39 states (see map below). This is an introductory level course in which students will learn handgun operation, shooting, and firearms safety with an emphasis on understanding the responsibility of legally carrying a concealed handgun.
- Personal Safety
- Handgun Safety
- Handgun Fundamentals
- Handgun Operation
- Handgun Selection
- Handgun Shooting
- Physiological Reactions to Violent Encounters
- Legal Use of Force
- Legal Aftermath
- Gear and Gadgets
- State Carry Law
and Self-Defense Class
Join us for a women-only Introduction to Handguns Class
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join other women in learning the basics about firearms, this women’s handgun and self-defense class is for you.
The class is small, intimate and just for women. When you join us in the class you’ll enjoy:
- Increased self-confidence and self-awareness
- Ability to ensure your loved ones are safe
- Confidence in choosing a pistol that fit you
- Increased appreciation for a competitive sport
Our courses are small, so we can focus on your safety, provide personal attention, and help you learn to shoot in a safe, fun environment.
What you’ll learn:
- Basic knowledge of firearms
- How to use them safely
- The fundamentals of shooting: grip, stance, aiming, sight alignment, trigger control, and follow-through
- How to choose a firearm that fits you
- Simulated shooting - First with rubber guns, then laser training pistols and finally with Airsoft CO2 powered air pistols
- Numerous tips for situational awareness, avoiding conflict, and personal protection
- Coming soon
Receive the tools, skills, knowledge and legal certification to teach concealed carry classes.
Phase 1 of the course is an 8 hour on-line training module developed by Michael Martin of the USCCA. The training module mirrors his book “Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals” and the professionally developed PowerPoint presentation for use in your classes. The on-line training module must be completed prior to attending the live training session.
The cost of phase 1 is $250 and includes the Instructor Toolkit and E-Learning Module. These are purchased directly from the USCCA. As registered students for the Instructor Certification Course, you will receive a substantial price reduction for these items. If you already have one or both of these, your price will be reduced or eliminated. Upon completion of the class you will be sent the Instructor Toolkit.
Phase 2 is a live certification session consisting of classroom instruction, hands-on breakout sessions, and live-fire exercises. The live certification session covers the following topics:
- Course Introduction and FAQs
- Instructor Mistakes
- Teaching Best Practices
- Managing a Safe Live Fire Range
- Live Fire Exercises
- Presenting the Student Multimedia
- Marketing Your Business
- Final Test and Review
The cost of phase 2 is $347 and is paid directly to the classroom instructor. Class space is limited to 12 students per instructor.
Successful completion of phase 1 and 2 will earn you the right to be called a United States Concealed Carry Association Certified Instructor. Your certification is approved to teach CCW classes in 36 states. You will be listed on the USCCA Instructor website and your classes will be searchable to prospective students.Classes:
- Coming soon
Shooter Threat Class
Countering the Mass Shooter Threat is a comprehensive playbook for every house of worship, school, business, and family in America. This class dives into the data of 48 mass shootings to determine what can be learned from these tragedies and how following a comprehensive plan can help you to not only avoid becoming a victim, but eliminate the presence of these shooters once and for all.
This playbook is presented in an easy-to-follow format with information for all experience levels. Essential lessons on topics like gun-free zones, magazine capacity, and using the Run, Hide, Fight Methodology are already saving lives across the nation. Here’s just a few of the lifesaving lessons you’ll learn in this class.Part 1: What we've learned
- Threshold of violence theory
- Snapshot of mass shootings in the U.S.
- Police response times
- Event resolution
- Do gun-free zones help or hurt?
- Does victim response make a difference?
- When victims fight back and win
- Know the signs
- Creating an Emergency Operations Plan
- Special considerations for schools
- Special considerations for houses of worship
- Don't be an easy victim
- Run, hide or fight
- Planning for an armed response
- Triage and treat the wounded
- Teach users how to safely and effectively operate the TASER Self-Defense Device
- Complete overview of the TASER Civilian CEW (Conducted Energy Weapon)
- Hands-on training with the TASER Device
- The NOONLIGHT App will be discussed
- Course runs for approximately 3 hours, depending on class size
- Each student will fire the TASER Pulse+
- A test will be given at the completion of the course. Students who qualify will be issued a “TASER Training Completion Certificate”