License to Carry Class
The Ohio License to Carry is currently accepted in 39 states (see map below). This is an introductory level course in which students will learn handgun operation, shooting, and firearms safety with an emphasis on understanding the responsibility of legally carrying a concealed handgun.
- Personal Safety
- Handgun Safety
- Handgun Fundamentals
- Handgun Operation
- Handgun Selection
- Handgun Shooting
- Physiological Reactions to Violent Encounters
- Legal Use of Force
- Legal Aftermath
- Gear and Gadgets
- State Carry Law
and Self-Defense Class
Join us for a women-only Introduction to Handguns Class
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join other women in learning the basics about firearms, this women’s handgun and self-defense class is for you.
The class is small, intimate and just for women. When you join us in the class you’ll enjoy:
- Increased self-confidence and self-awareness
- Ability to ensure your loved ones are safe
- Confidence in choosing a pistol that fit you
- Increased appreciation for a competitive sport
Our courses are small, so we can focus on your safety, provide personal attention, and help you learn to shoot in a safe, fun environment.
What you’ll learn:
- Basic knowledge of firearms
- How to use them safely
- The fundamentals of shooting: grip, stance, aiming, sight alignment, trigger control, and follow-through
- How to choose a firearm that fits you
- Simulated shooting - First with rubber guns, then laser training pistols and finally with Airsoft CO2 powered air pistols
- Numerous tips for situational awareness, avoiding conflict, and personal protection
- Coming soon
Receive the tools, skills, knowledge and legal certification to teach concealed carry classes.
Phase 1 of the course is an 8 hour on-line training module developed by Michael Martin of the USCCA. The training module mirrors his book “Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals” and the professionally developed PowerPoint presentation for use in your classes. The on-line training module must be completed prior to attending the live training session.
The cost of phase 1 is $250 and includes the Instructor Toolkit and E-Learning Module. These are purchased directly from the USCCA. As registered students for the Instructor Certification Course, you will receive a substantial price reduction for these items. If you already have one or both of these, your price will be reduced or eliminated. Upon completion of the class you will be sent the Instructor Toolkit.
Phase 2 is a live certification session consisting of classroom instruction, hands-on breakout sessions, and live-fire exercises. The live certification session covers the following topics:
- Course Introduction and FAQs
- Instructor Mistakes
- Teaching Best Practices
- Managing a Safe Live Fire Range
- Live Fire Exercises
- Presenting the Student Multimedia
- Marketing Your Business
- Final Test and Review
The cost of phase 2 is $347 and is paid directly to the classroom instructor. Class space is limited to 12 students per instructor.
Successful completion of phase 1 and 2 will earn you the right to be called a United States Concealed Carry Association Certified Instructor. Your certification is approved to teach CCW classes in 36 states. You will be listed on the USCCA Instructor website and your classes will be searchable to prospective students.Classes:
- Coming soon
The Front Sight 4-Day Defensive Handgun Course will give you a complete understanding of the defensive handgun and a skill level that surpasses 95% of those who carry a gun for a living. The course is for both beginners and experienced shooters. Regardless of your experience prior to entering this course, upon completion, your gun handling, marksmanship, and tactical skills will be better than they have ever been.
You will be able to safely and easily present your weapon from a concealed holster and fire two, sighted shots to the center of a target 5 yards away - all in less than 1.5 seconds. You will understand the principles of tactics and have multiple opportunities to use your acquired skills under the stress of simulated, lethal encounters. This course is a must for anyone who chooses to own or carry a handgun for self-defense.
Ohio Gun Class has bulk purchased course certificates that will allow you to take this outstanding training at Front Sight Firearms Training Institute in Nevada. Those who complete our concealed carry class will receive a course certificate at no charge.
Lecture topics include:
- Dry practice procedures
- Moral and ethical decisions on the use of deadly force
- Color codes of mental awareness
- Criminal and civil liability
Firing range drills include:
- Loading and unloading
- Grip, stance, sight alignment, and trigger control
- Presentation from the ready, the holster, and concealment
- Target engagement from arm's length to 15 yards under time pressure
- After-action drills
- Malfunction clearing
- Speed and tactical reloading
- Live-fire tactical simulator introduction
- Ammunition requirement - 650 rounds
- Front Sight Firearms Training Institute, near Las Vegas, NV
- Front Sight course certificate provided upon completion of our carry class