License to Carry Class
The Ohio License to Carry is currently accepted in 39 states (see map below). This is an introductory level course in which students will learn handgun operation, shooting, and firearms safety with an emphasis on understanding the responsibility of legally carrying a concealed handgun.
- Personal Safety
- Handgun Safety
- Handgun Fundamentals
- Handgun Operation
- Handgun Selection
- Handgun Shooting
- Physiological Reactions to Violent Encounters
- Legal Use of Force
- Legal Aftermath
- Gear and Gadgets
- State Carry Law
Train your mind and body to respond to life-threatening situations. Build the foundation you need to understand intuitive defensive shooting and deadly force decision making. Unlock the lifesaving mindset of the warrior expert theory that will help you guess your attackers next move with ease. Discover how you can develop the ability to apply your shooting skills on demand, without anticipation, while trying to save your own life or the lives of others. Uncover the drills you must know to prepare and prevail even under the most dangerous of circumstances.
- On-range training in crucial handgun skills
- Warrior expert theory
- Counter ambush training
- Balance of speed and precision
- Stance and movement
- Grip and trigger control
- Presentation from ready and holster
- Shooting from retention and reloading
- Diagnosing your misses
- Defensive shooting drills
- Class is for semi-automatic pistols,
Receive the tools, skills, knowledge and legal certification to teach concealed carry classes.
Phase 1 of the course is an 8 hour on-line training module developed by Michael Martin of the USCCA. The training module mirrors his book “Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals” and the professionally developed PowerPoint presentation for use in your classes. The on-line training module must be completed prior to attending the live training session.
The cost of phase 1 is $250 and includes the Instructor Toolkit and E-Learning Module. These are purchased directly from the USCCA. As registered students for the Instructor Certification Course, you will receive a substantial price reduction for these items. If you already have one or both of these, your price will be reduced or eliminated. Upon completion of the class you will be sent the Instructor Toolkit.
Phase 2 is a live certification session consisting of classroom instruction, hands-on breakout sessions, and live-fire exercises. The live certification session covers the following topics:
- Course Introduction and FAQs
- Instructor Mistakes
- Teaching Best Practices
- Managing a Safe Live Fire Range
- Live Fire Exercises
- Presenting the Student Multimedia
- Marketing Your Business
- Final Test and Review
The cost of phase 2 is $347 and is paid directly to the classroom instructor. Class space is limited to 12 students per instructor.
Successful completion of phase 1 and 2 will earn you the right to be called a United States Concealed Carry Association Certified Instructor. Your certification is approved to teach CCW classes in 36 states. You will be listed on the USCCA Instructor website and your classes will be searchable to prospective students.Classes:
- October 27-28, 2018
- Click here to register.
and Self-Defense Class
Join us for a women-only Introduction to Handguns Class
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join other women in learning the basics about firearms, this women’s handgun and self-defense class is for you.
The class is small, intimate and just for women. When you join us in the class you’ll enjoy:
- Increased self-confidence and self-awareness
- Ability to ensure your loved ones are safe
- Confidence in your ability to safely handle a firearm
- Confidence in choosing a pistol that fit you
We focus on your safety, provide personal attention, and help you learn to shoot in a safe, fun environment.
What you’ll learn:
- Basic knowledge of firearms
- How to use them safely
- The fundamentals of shooting: grip, stance, sight alignment and trigger control
- How to choose a firearm that fits you
- Simulated shooting - First with rubber guns, then laser training pistols and finally with Airsoft CO2 powered air pistols
- Numerous tips for situational awareness, avoiding conflict, and personal protection